The Sports Coordinator will be responsible for all game day activities for the sport they are managing. They will arrive ahead of game times to assure facilities are prepared and assist in preparations, if needed. They will greet, check-in players and direct both players and referees, as needed.
They will direct games to start in accordance with the schedule, manage any issues that arise, and photograph games, (which they will later send to leadership). The Sports Coordinator will not only assure our leagues run smoothly, but are the face of the Milwaukee Sports and Social brand to our members and the public.
We are looking for self-motivated, reliable, energetic, engaging, and customer service-oriented individuals to join our team.
Previous involvement in sporting activities (whether as a participant, referee, coordinator, or coach) is required.
Must be free on the evening of the league they are managing between 5:45pm and 11pm and have the physical capabilities to move equipment, as needed.
We are looking for team players who love sports and who are excited to represent Milwaukee Sports and Social's fun and social brand to the Milwaukee community.
- Maintain a safe, fun, and fair game experience by serving as point of contact for the league and Milwaukee Sports and Social representative
- Assure all players (official players and substitutes) have signed waivers on file
- Assure first aid kits are readily available on site
- Assure referees are adding all scores to our database post-game. Assist in adding scores, if needed
- Complete incident reports, as needed (injuries, facility damage, etc.)
- Pass on relevant league information, marketing materials, and other announcements to players
- Photograph (and film) games. Submit photos/footage within 24 hours of game play
- Issue Sportsmanship Warnings to players, as needed. Complete warning reports
- Assure all paid participants are provided with shirts
- Deliver insight and support for updates and improvements
- Communicate and foster relationships with relevant contacts at facilities
- Cordially represents the program to all who visit or inquire.
- Gifted, energetic communicator that can develop relationships and maintain a positive demeanor under pressure
- Evidence of successful decision-making in a fast-paced environment, excellent interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work collaboratively or one-on-one with a wide variety of people
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
Walking, standing, and running are required daily. Exerting up to 45 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, swing or otherwise move objects. In addition, involves physical movement which includes sports and activities related to
membership events and programs
This is a Part Time, Contract Job Opportunity.
Pending needs, this position may work between 3-20 hours per week. Hours to be assigned, at least, 7 days in advance (typically 2-3 weeks in advance).
Milwaukee Sports and Social is an Equal Opportunity Employer