This is a work from home position. However, additional hours may be acquired by assisting at the field/court during the league's first week of play.
The League Assistant will be in charge of overseeing the placement of Milwaukee Sports and Social recreational athletes on rosters for each season.
It is the job of the League Assistant to create rosters that are fair, competitively balanced, and promote socialization — all while assuring Partial and Full Team roster requests are satisfied.
The League Assistant will take an active role in the management of Milwaukee Sports and Social’s t-shirt inventory. Throughout the roster fulfillment process, the League Assistant will subtract and add t-shirts (by size) to the company’s inventory to make sure the leadership is aware of current shirt counts.
- Place players on rosters that are fair, balanced, competitive and social
- Assure all Full Team and Partial Team requests are satisfied
- Using a provided template, email all players their rosters, at least, 7 days prior to the league’s start date.
- Work with leadership to assure all roster issues are solved
- Send all players any changes to their roster when last-second subtractions and additions are made
- Assign team colors based on current t-shirt inventories
- Schedule all weekly game time reminder emails prior to the season’s start date
T-Shirt Inventory Management:
- Reduce all shirt inventory in real time when shirts are utilized for league fulfillment
- Intake: Fold, sort, and organize all shirts when new shirts are ordered and added to inventory
- Intake: Update t-shirt inventory
- Intake: Report any inventory shortages to leadership from printer when sorting new inventory
- Provide leadership with inventory suggestions after the fulfillment of a league (colors nearing shortages)
League Launch Week Fulfillment:
- Fold all shirts, place shirts in boxes, and label boxes
- Create and print all labels for shirts
- Place labels, correctly, on each shirt
- If needed, participate in meetings in-person or virtually
- Additional responsibilities may be added as needs evolve
To be an ideal candidate for this role, you must be:
- Extremely organized
- Detail oriented
- Have a deep knowledge and strong comfort level with Google Sheets
- Possess your own personal computer and internet connection, which you have full time access to
- Be capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Prior experience with email marketing programs is a plus, but not required (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Klaviyo, etc.)
- Capable of sitting and standing for long periods of time
This is a Part Time, Contract Job Opportunity – Less than 20 hours per week
Anticipated Hours Per Assigned League: 7-10
Milwaukee Sports and Social is an Equal Opportunity Employer