Thursday Pre-Spring Freeze Your Pickleballs Off League (6 Weeks) [ADVANCED]
Typically, we wait until May to go outdoors with our social leagues. However, we have been hearing from a growing number of our Pickleball players that they are happy to play in any condition.
So we called our good friends at Dale Z's On Tour to see if we could bring the fun back to their courts earlier than planned. We got the green light, so we went into our lab and cooked up a fun, Pre-Spring season league for the Pickleball players of Milwaukee!
Introducing the "FREEZE YOUR PICKLEBALLS OFF" league!
6 Weeks of outdoor play designed for Milwaukee Pickleballers who don't mind playing in their winter hat and scarf!
PLUS, to make the games more comfortable, for the first time in our company's history, all players will receive a Milwaukee Sports and Social Team Color Sweatshirt instead of the t-shirt!
Our Thursday Night league is designed for advanced play! This league is designed for players who are experienced in Pickleball and want a more challenging atmosphere! Please Note: Despite this being a more competitive league, players are expected to abide by our Sportsmanship Policy throughout the duration of the league.
Grab your partner or register solo for this super limited league on Thursday Nights!
- 6 weeks of play (4 sets [games] in every match) 6 Regular Season Matches + Single Elimination Bracket Style Tournament for the top teams!
- Each week, you will play 4 sets against one team. The first 3 sets will be played first to 11. The fourth set will be played first to 7 with a 9-point cap.
- This league is designed for advanced Pickleball play.
- Milwaukee Sports and Social will provide all Pickleball Paddles, balls and nets. However, players are welcome to bring their own paddles.
- Absolutely NO BOOTS will be allowed on the court! Only Gym Shoes are permitted!
- HOW SNOW OUTS WILL WORK: We will play in cold, frigid temps. All games will be played so long as there is no snow, rain, sleet, or hail. If the playing surface is not slick, games will be hosted.
We have included 1 Rain Out Week in the schedule. In the event we have a second rain out caused by the aforementioned conditions, games will be canceled and players will be refunded on a game-by-game prorated basis. Due to our planned outdoor spring season, we cannot go beyond April 30th in this league.
- Teams may consist of any mix of genders. 2 players per team. Teams may have a sub player fill in for all weeks except playoff night.
- NOTE: Given the nature of this sport, all players in this league are required to have a substitute player available and ready to step in for any games they expect to miss!
- Game Dates: 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/11, 4/18, 4/25 (Emergency Rain/Snow Out Week 5/2)
- All games will be played on Thursday Nights between 6-10pm! Your team's finalized schedule with specific game times will be provided via email 1 week prior to the league beginning.
- When you register, you will receive a survey asking you to share various pieces of information about yourself. We will use these details to pair you with the locals who we think you will be a great fit with on and off the court!
- Each team will be outfitted with a special team-colored sweatshirt!
- A staff member will be present each night to help track weekly scoring.
- This is a self-officiated league with no referees.
- This is an adult league. No minors are permitted.
- Location: Dale Z's On Tour
3583 S Howell Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53207
- If this league sells out, the two teams who finish at the bottom of the standings will not make the playoffs. Instead, they will receive a $10 Milwaukee Sports and Social Voucher good towards a future Individual or Partial Team sign up!
If you want to play, act fast! There is only space for 16 teams!